- Calderdale Flood Relief Fund receives £5,000 to help people and businesses in West Yorkshire impacted by recent flooding)
- Five charities across North of England to receive share of new £25,000 donation
A support group helping families and businesses affected by recent floods has received £5,000 from NatWest.
The Calderdale Flood Relief Fund, set up in the wake of the extreme weather experienced recently, is one of five groups to be given a share of a special charity fund set up by the bank.
Set up by the Community Foundation for Calderdale, this fund provides emergency relief grants to people who have been affected by flooding, to meet the immediate financial burdens of moving out, pumping and drying, and emergency repairs.
NatWest is donating a total of £25,000 to five charities which are leading efforts to support those affected. The bank has also been supporting customers and businesses across the West Yorkshire region with staff donating their time to support local organisations through volunteer work and fundraising.
Richard Topliss, Chairman of the North Region Board, said: “During the last few weeks, I have been moved and impressed by the unstinting efforts of our teams in the flood-affected areas to support their local communities.
“I could not be more proud of their dedication and commitment to helping our customers and communities, even in times of personal adversity. They have been an inspiration for us all.
“We are delighted to support the Calderdale Flood Relief Fund in its efforts to help and aid those impacted by the floods. And I thank all our staff who have dedicated their time to those in need.”
Donations were also made to: York Flood Appeal, Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund Public Appeal, Greater Manchester Flood Recovery Appeal and Cumbrian Flood Appeal.
For more information on the flood charity, please visit: www.cffc.co.uk
NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland have introduced some new measures to help personal and business customers affected by the recent storms.
Mr Topliss added: “We want to help the people and business owners affected by the recent flooding by making banking the least of their worries.
“We’re providing additional credit or access to finance where needed, so they can concentrate in getting their homes or businesses back to normal.”
Measures for personal customers include:
- Mortgage and loan repayment deferral for up to three months
- Customers can close fixed savings accounts to access cash with no Early Closure Charge
- Refunds on credit card cash advance fees
- Customers can apply for increased temporary credit card limit
- Customers can request an increased cash withdrawal limit of up to £500
- New or increased overdrafts with no arrangement fees for up to six months
- Capital repayment holidays and reduced payments for up to six months with no arrangement or administration fees
- Fee-free loan funding to replace assets.
Further information on all the measures being offered, including specific contact numbers, are detailed in the notes to editors. Where a number is not specified, customers should call the following numbers or visit a branch:
NatWest personal banking 03457 888 444
RBS personal Banking (with accounts in Scotland) 0345 6002230
RBS personal Banking (with accounts in England) 0345 900 0400
NatWest Business Banking 03457 11 44 77
RBS Personal Banking 03457 888 444