General Complaints Procedure
Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) welcomes feedback, both positive and negative regarding the services it provides to members and other donors, as well as to the wider community.
Feedback is a useful tool, which helps us to monitor and improve our overall service, as the interests of all our members and other donors are vitally important to the Community Foundation.
What is a complaint?
A complaint arises when an individual or group is dissatisfied with CFFC.
What to do if you have a complaint
Details of the complaint should be directed to the Chief Executive Officer of CFFC. You should state:
• What the complaint is about
• Specify the member(s) of staff, trustee, adviser or committee involved
• When the event about which you are complaining occurred and if it is still happening
• What action / remedy you would expect to see as an outcome
What will happen when your complaint is received?
• You will receive an acknowledgement within five working days advising you who is dealing with your complaint and when you may expect a more detailed report
• The person responsible will investigate all aspects of your complaint, allowing others who are directly involved to make their contribution. This may mean further information or evidence is sought from you
• A report, together with details of any action taken or recommendations for further action, will be sent to you within 14 working days of receipt of the original letter reaching our office. If it is not possible to provide a full report within this timescale, you will be notified and an interim report shall be posted to you giving details of any action still to be taken.
• Complaints will be monitored and information from this will be incorporated within the planning process as appropriate
What to do if you are not satisfied with the response?
If you are not satisfied with the response and decision you may write to the Chair of Trustees at the Community Foundation, who will acknowledge your appeal within 5 working days of receiving your letter. An investigation will be carried out and a full reply will be sent to you within an agreed timescale. The decision of the Chief Executive Officer is final.
All complaints received will be recorded in the Community Foundation’s Complaints Register and reported to the Board of Trustees.
To give CFFC feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to CFFC 1855 Building (first floor), Discovery Road, Halifax HX1 2NG