Community Foundation for Calderdale is working with RES (Renewable Energy Systems), which operates Todmorden Wind Farm to provide funding for projects that benefit the communities of Todmorden. We are looking for applications that show how the community would benefit from the funding and would like to see projects that have scope for future development.
Applications for Projects that benefit the communities of Cornholme and Portsmouth, Todmorden and Walsden, from the following groups:
- Community Groups
- Resident Associations
- Community Centres/Clubs and Societies
- Social Enterprises/Community Interest Companies/Community Interest Organisations with charitable aims,
- Charitable Trusts
Types of activities that might be funded:
- Activities and projects which help those in poverty
- Activities and projects which promote social cohesion and bring communities together
- Activities and Projects which help the homeless and help tackle homelessness
- Other Community projects
Grants can not be awarded to:
- to individuals
- to statutory organisations, including council run schools
- For projects that have political or religious objectives
- to organisations or projects that is adverse to, or conflicts with, the interests of renewable energy but not limited to wind energy, the interests of the wind farm owner or its affiliates’, the interests of the Todmorden wind farm itself.
- to projects that don’t have the capacity for wider community benefit.
- All applications have to be made on line at www.cffc.co.uk:
- The site asks you to submit an email address and you are then sent a link to the online form.
- We will review the application and will ask you for some documentation including your rules/constitution; most recent accounts; list and brief details of committee/trustees/board members; safeguarding policies (if appropriate); signed copy of grant agreement form etc.
- Our Grants Committee will decide on applications within three weeks of the deadline.
- You will hear decision within 14 days of the Committee meeting.
- The whole process should be no longer than 8 weeks
If you have any questions please call our grants team 01422 349700.