The Community Foundation’s most significant gift to date was £2.6 million from the Kathleen Mary Denham estate managed by local accountants Bairstow & Atkinson – and professional advisers will increasingly play a vital part in the success of the Community Foundation for Calderdale in improving lives, lifestyles, communities and futures in Calderdale.
Research shows that there is a growing interest amongst wealthy people and businesses in wanting to learn more about philanthropy and effective charitable giving.
We are experts about charitable giving, community needs, and finding or creating effective solutions that have the greatest impact. Our expert staff will help you to guide your clients through their personal philanthropic journey.
Our staff provides in-depth research and first-hand experience of local voluntary organisations and local communities throughout Calderdale. We also bring tremendous efficiencies to charitable-giving decision making. We identify the appropriate philanthropic approaches that result in maximum tax advantages for Community Foundation donors, while also helping your clients fulfil their charitable wishes.
That is why working alongside professional advisors is a key part of what we do, marrying our expertise with yours, to provide a fully inclusive service to clients.
Contact us Steve Duncan: 01422 349700 or click here to Email us
Benefits to your clients
- We take the hassle out of giving – we provide a simple and personal service that means clients are free to take decisions about their investment, and enjoy seeing the impact of their grant-making.
- We are knowledgeable – we have excellent knowledge of community needs and can match your clients’ interests to local groups and initiatives.
- We encourage clients to take the decisions – we encourage full involvement in all decision-making so the choice of who to fund, and how much to give, remains with them. We also help clients refine their thinking on the type of difference they’d like to see as a result of their investment in the community.
- We help clients give tax-effectively – as a registered charity we are an ideal vehicle for all methods
of tax-effective giving and can help reduce the post-tax cost of a gift.
- We are transparent – we are open about our fees and agree them, up front, with individual donors and supporters. Initial meetings and exploratory discussions are always free.
We have been serving our community for over 23 years, let our experience help you stand out from the competition.
Contact us Steve Duncan: 01422349700 or click here to Email us
We support professional advisers and clients with:
- Devising charitable strategies that help your clients make informed decisions
- Structuring a gift/donor agreement that meets your clients’ charitable goals
- Managing the transfer of various gifts – general donations, shares, property etc
- Providing support for bequests and other deferred gifts
- Serving as a trustee of transferred charitable trusts
We can also offer your clients the opportunity to be awarded the Philanthropy Fellowship Yorkshire
The Philanthropy Fellowship Yorkshire is part of a national programme that aims to create a new network of community philanthropists throughout the UK. It is for both established and emerging philanthropists.
In Yorkshire the programme is being delivered by six local Community Foundations: Calderdale, Leeds, Kirklees, North and East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and Wakefield District. Our aim is to inspire a culture of philanthropy across the region and to encourage the “spirit of giving” that helps shape and positively impact the lives of local people.
Philanthropy Fellowship Yorkshire will provide an excellent opportunity for philanthropists and emerging philanthropists to get together and be inspired by each other. This is a vital part of ensuring continued growth of local community and voluntary organisations throughout the county.
* Why not participate in, or sponsor, our next Professional Adviser Quarterly Event?
Follow us on twitter @CalderdaleFound
Join us on LinkedIn Steve Duncan