The Community Foundation for Calderdale, part of the UK network of accredited community foundations, is a well-established vehicle for local philanthropy. We have a 25-year track record in:
- channelling funds to local frontline charities and voluntary groups meeting important community needs, using our in-depth community knowledge
- providing a professional service to individual/family and corporate donors (and their professional advisors), connecting them with local causes they care about and helping them achieve their charitable goals.
We can help you enhance your professional offer to your individual/family clients in situations where they might consider charitable giving, once they have made provision for themselves and their loved ones. This could be at key life stages (including when planning for intergenerational wealth transfer, planning a memorial for a loved one, or receiving assets by means of inheritance or business termination), and could constitute a living gift or a legacy gift.
In such situations, you will know that a good starting point is to pick up on social issues that your client is most interested in or concerned about and to introduce the idea of charitable giving linked to this. A client’s interest in the local area, and making it a better place now and for future generations, is a useful trigger to subsequently mentioning the Community Foundation for Calderdale as the local professional service helping donors to make a difference in their local community.
In such cases, you or we (via referral of your client to us where appropriate) can help your client:
- work out or clarify the local social issues they are interested in or concerned about (using our community knowledge, e.g. at cffc.co.uk/vital-signs, where helpful)
- review their charitable giving options, whether making a one-off donation of cash or assets, setting up a named fund (offering the flexibility of a bespoke charitable trust but with administrative and reporting responsibilities taken care of), transferring an existing charitable trust in the most tax efficient way, leaving a gift in a Will, or setting up an in-memory fund
- make the best choices for them, in terms of their interests, how to make the biggest difference now and/or in perpetuity, and tax-efficiencies
- ensure their giving is impactful
- achieve their charitable goals and enjoy their giving.
Where appropriate, please do feel free to refer your client to us, for further free and impartial information on charitable giving options and methods. Referrals should be made to our Chief Executive Officer, Steve Duncan, at email@example.com or on 01422 438737. Subsequently, we would be very happy to meet your client at your offices, our offices, or any other location that works for them. We would, of course, feed back to you at every stage, to inform your ongoing client relationship.
We look forward to hearing from you, and to adding to your team’s philanthropy expertise.
Please contact Ian Leedham and/or Emma Woods-Bolger if you would like to discuss this further:
- Ian Leedham, Development Manager, Community Foundation for Calderdale, IanL@cffc.co.uk, 01422 349700
- Emma Woods-Bolger, Community Foundation for Calderdale, Eemma@cffc.co.uk, 01422 349700.