Foundation Small Business Membership* – What a Great Investment!
Turn an annual £100 investment through Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) membership into grant awards of up to £30,000 – a whopping 30,000% return on your investment!!**
We encourage ALL business members to signpost local charitable organisations, requesting financial support of any kind, to the Foundation so we can support them with completing applications for grants between £100 up to a massive £30,000 (£10,000 over 3 years***).
*Small businesses are generally those with less than 20 employees
**CFFC can only support not for profit Calderdale organisations. All animal charities, political organisations and applications to support religious evangelism are ineligible.
CFFC cannot guarantee that applications will be successful – the final decision rests with the CFFC board of trustees.
***£30,000 grants available November 2015
Small Business Membership provides a vital source of funding for the Foundation, enabling us to make 100s of grants totalling over £500,000 a year; and over £17m during the lifetime of the Foundation. Our grants are making a real and lasting difference to, and through, local voluntary, community and charitable organisations.
We are proud to announce that per capita CFFC is currently the second most successful community foundation in the UK when it comes to attracting and investing donations it receives.
Become a Small Business member today and help us dramatically increase our impact. Please use our online signup process and pay using credit/debit card or PayPal.
If you still need convincing… Here are ten reasons why supporting local charities through your Community Foundation, is a good thing.
- We’re local…… with deep roots in the local community since 1991 as well as being part of a UK and international network of 2,500 community foundations. You can support the local community in which you live and work, and can visit the projects you support to see for yourself the positive impact that they are having.
- We offer flexibility…… we offer a variety of ways to give to suit your desired level of involvement and a broad range of community organisations to support. You can direct your giving and can be involved as much or as little as you wish, benefiting from the Community Foundation’s expertise.
- We’re expert and professional.….. we provide a highly personalised and professional tailored giving offer to philanthropists, families, companies, trusts and statutory bodies. Whether you want to give now or in the future, locally or nationally, we can customise a giving plan that meets your objectives and provides opportunities for learning to ensure your giving is effective.
- We use and share our knowledge…… we research local community priorities throughout each year via our Vital Signs giving guides, always consulting with local people. With this information and our learning from the work we support, we can guide you on how to have the greatest impact with the resources available to you, aligning your giving aims with the community’s priorities.
- We carry the financial and legal responsibility…… all our funds and foundations sit under the Community Foundation’s Registered Charity Number. We take care of all the annual accounting, compliance reporting and tax claims, so you don’t have to, allowing you to focus on the enjoyment of giving.
- We’re here to stay…… we create endowment funds in perpetuity that will respond to the needs and build on the assets of communities for current and future generations, enabling you to plan for the short and long term.
- We’re transparent…… we are reputable stewards of community resources, committed to being accountable, accessible and responsible as a Quality Accredited Community Foundation, backed by the Charity Commission and UK Community Foundations.
- We’re passionate….. our team of staff are proud and passionate about their work and the communities we serve; our supporters comment on this as being a key reason for why they choose to work with us.
- We believe in the power of many… Not only can you benefit from meeting like-minded people and have the opportunity to give with others, but you can also benefit from the pooling of investments with long-term growth plans with the help of the best investment professionals.
- We aim to have a collective positive impact….. together with philanthropists, families, companies, trusts, statutory bodies, community groups, charities and social enterprises, we intend to have a positive impact on people’s lives. We have decided to focus our efforts and resources in areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact together for resilient communities.We believe that your community makes you and you make your community.For more information on giving with the Community Foundation, please email email@example.com
As a member you will be able to…..
- Be able to take advantage of our CSR management program, when your organisation is approached to make a donation to charitable causes in Calderdale you will be able to direct those requests to our grants department. Who will assist the charity in applying to us for a grant, taking the financial and administrative burden away from your business.
- Receive priority invites to our high profile events
- Email newsletters – Keeping you updated about the work we are doing and the impact your donation is having in Calderdale.
- Be entitled to make nominations for election to the Board of Trustees
- Receive an invitation to attend and vote at Annual General Meetings