From April 2018 voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations in Calderdale have been able to access a range of support services from a single point of contact, to build their skills, capability, and capacity for continuous improvement.
This has been made possible through an alliance of six organisations, made up of the four providers and two commissioners of VCS support, working together and sharing skills to benefit VCS groups working in Calderdale:
- Voluntary Action Calderdale
- Sector Support Calderdale (North Bank Forum)
- West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service
- NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group
- Calderdale Council.
Through this single point of contact, VCS groups working in Calderdale can access a range of support services and advice, for instance to do with governance, training, funding and finances, organisational development, volunteering, and communications.
The support services on offer will be further developed over time.
Access to the single point of contact is:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 01422 348777
- by post or in person: Calderdale VSI Alliance, VAC Resource Centre, Hall Street, Halifax, HX1 5AY.