Grant size: Up to £10,000
Please note: £50,000 is available for grant making from the Ovenden Windfarm Community Benefit Fund. Of which £30,000 is ring fenced for x3 £10,000 grants which leaves £20,000 for smaller grants.
Location: within a 5km radius of the Ovenden Moor Wind Farm.
Fund opens: Monday 7th October 2019
Deadline for applications: 28th October 2019 5pm
Assessments will take place w/c 4th November 2019
Applicants informed of decisions w/c 2nd December 2019
About the Fund
The Ovenden Moor Wind Farm Fund is being managed by Community Foundation for Calderdale on behalf of Yorkshire Wind Power Ltd (YWPL), a joint venture between Energy Power Resources Ltd (EPRL) and E.ON Climate and Renewables (E.ON). Grants of up to £10,000 are available for general charitable purposes to groups operating or delivering within a 5km radius of the Ovenden Moor Wind Farm. From next year (2020) the area of benefit will increase from 5km to 7.5km
Grants will support community, voluntary sector and not-for-profit groups in work that is of benefit to the community in the fund area. Groups outside the area may apply but the work must be with beneficiaries within the 5km fund area.
How to apply
Step 1 – Check that your group fulfils the eligibility criteria
Step 2 – Check that your group can provide all the documentation/information that will be required to support your application.
- Constitution or set of rules/Governing Documents
- Safeguarding policies (vulnerable adults/children) if appropriate
- Equalities Policy
- Copy of audited/inspected Accounts
- Bank statements
- Committee members contact list
- If the organisation is a CiC or similar, we require a statement confirming that they meet the “Additional Criteria for Community Interest Companies (CiCs)”
- Conditions of grant aid signed (this will be supplied with your grant offer) You can read our terms of grant aid here, please read and satisfy yourself that you will be able to meet these requirements should you be offered a grant.
- PR protocol signed (this will be supplied with your grant offer), please read our how to acknowledge your grant booklet and satisfy yourself that you will be able to meet these requirements should you be offered a grant.
Step 4 – When you click the apply button, you will be asked to tick a box to confirm that you have read and understood the guidelines and then asked to enter your email address. When you have done so, click the proceed button at the bottom of the page next to where it says, “Send an email and continue”. Within a few seconds, an email will be sent to you – MAKE CERTAIN YOU SAVE THIS EMAIL, as it contains a unique link which will take you to your individual application form. You can use the link at any time to get back to your form.
For guidance in completing the online application form please call the grants team on 01422 349700.
You can also get help with your application from the Calderdale Voluntary Sector Infrastructure Support Service (VSI Alliance).
Please note your project must start after the expected date for decisions (w/c 2nd December 2019). We cannot retrospectively fund projects. If you would like guidance on this, please call the grants team on 01422 349700.
Please use the buttons below to apply. It is important that you complete your application on the correct form.
To apply for a grant of over £1501 please Click Here
To apply for a grant of under £1500 please Click Here