What is a Named Fund?
Named Funds provide a simple alternative to establishing an independent Charitable Trust, allowing you to make a genuine and positive impact in your local community now and into the future.
Community Foundation for Calderdale manages a portfolio of Named Funds across Calderdale on behalf of individuals, families, businesses, and statutory organisations, as well as national funders such as The Henry Smith Charity.
The Community Foundation handles the investment, correspondence, compliance and governance checks, helping to direct funding to charities and community projects that match fund holders’ values and intentions. Our aim is to help you to support high impact grassroots groups, making a real difference in our communities.
Why set up a Named Fund?
Named Funds enable you to consolidate all your giving in one place, with many additional benefits:
- Tax-smart – immediate tax benefits for individuals and families
- Return on investment – trusted financial and wealth advisors manage our endowed funds, enabling you to grow your charitable giving over time
- Create a family legacy – you can pass your Named Fund onto your family, so future generations can build on your charitable legacy and develop their own
- Cost and time effective – you can consolidate all your giving in one place, protecting you from a barrage of charity requests as we deal with the administrative hassle for a minimal management contribution
- Increase your community knowledge – with years of grant making experience, our professional team can introduce you to a range of grassroots projects you may not be aware of but have the ability to make a positive impact on the lives of local people.
Meet some of our Named Fund Holders
ABS Anniversary Fund
To celebrate 30 years of #ABetterWay The ABS Foundation and Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) are looking to support 12 different groups either based in or delivering services in Calderdale.